Ringley estate management
Demo Home Home
Money Manager
Online Property Manager
Welcome Demo Person A, Flat 1, Demo block, London, NW1 9QS

Nuisance parking - some easy steps

Someone parking in your space is not nice, here are some things you can do:
  • print off a notice to put on the vehicle (see below)
  • if you know the offender appeal to their better nature
  • start a vote to
    1. implement a ticketing scheme either (a) via patrols or (b) via a photo & remote ticket operator service such as 'flashpark'
    2. get car park spaces line painted and bays numbered, and yellow lines painted or hatched on other areas where parking is prohibited
  • email us for a special 'you cannot park here stickers' which can only be removed with terpentine solution and a scraper.

Step 1


Step 2


Step 3


Dumped cars – how we can help you

There are a number of steps we need to go through to help get a dumped car removed.
  1. get a note put on the car
    it is just possible the car driver believed it was OK to park where they did and putting a polite note on the car will hopefully get them to be more considerate next time.
  2. put a ‘hard to remove sticker’ on the car
    Ringley’s Solutions Team can post out to you a sticker to put on the vehicle window which can only be removed with chemicals and a scraper. This ought to be annoying enough to persuade the driver to think twice before re-offending.
  3. check the car is taxed or has a SORN declaration (SORN means declared as off road)
    Anybody can check if a car is taxed at https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ Untaxed cars can be reported to the DVLA who will take action and can ultimately remove the car to recover the unpaid tax.
  4. find out if the car is wanted in connection with a crime Call 111
  5. find out if the car has been reported as stolen by an insurance company
  6. trace & write to the owner
    Ringley can request the registered owners details from the DVLA using the grounds that we need to “trace the owner of an abandoned vehicle” To do this we need the car COLOUR, MAKE and REGISTRATION PLATE. Then We simply use https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/390562/V888X2_241114.pdf
  7. put a 14 day removal notice on the car and write to the owner with a photo of this notice on their vehicle, the letter must set out, why the vehicle is to be removed, (i.e.,, it is obstructing the lawful use of private land) and where you intend to move the vehicle to.
  8. Get the Client to agree to the risk of getting the car removed & arrange it

Why we can’t just remove vehicles immediately

The police website confirms that “it is an offence to immobilise, move or restrict the movement of a motor vehicle in a way which would prevent a person (who is entitled to remove that vehicle) from removing the vehicle concerned. Therefore if a vehicle has been left on private land, an offence may be committed if, for example, the owner of that land towed away that vehicle. To be guilty of the offence however, a person must undertake these actions with the 'intention' of preventing or inhibiting a person entitled to move the vehicle concerned from moving the vehicle. Consequently, a person who moves an obstructively parked vehicle a short distance intending to regain access to his or her property would not be committing the offence in circumstances where he or she did not intend to prevent the driver of the vehicle from subsequently retrieving it. The offence also does not apply to those who have lawful authority and/or a duty to remove vehicles from public road, e.g., the police, local authorities, traffic wardens, parking attendants and civil enforcement officers.

To avoid committing an offence where a vehicle has been left on private land, the vehicle needs to be removed by a person/s acting with lawful authority, or by moving/removing it with every care taken to show that there is no intention of depriving the driver of the vehicle from subsequently retrieving it. This is why we have to undertake the due diligence list above first and check with the Client/Directors of the site that they wish to take responsibility for removing the vehicle.

If we get instructions from the Client/Directors to make arrangements for the vehicle to be removed it is imperative that the owner of the vehicle is given a reasonable amount of time (the police website suggests, 14 days) to remove it. Good practice is also to put a notice on the car stating that if the car is still there after in 14 days it will be removed and why, (i.e., it is obstructing the lawful use of private land) and where you intend to move the vehicle to. Our job is to keep an audit log of these actions so our Client avoids liability because there was no intention of preventing or inhibiting the driver of the vehicle from retrieving their vehicle.


Generally it is the cleaners' responsibility to replace light bulbs. Depending on the cleaning frequency, (often fortnightly), to keep costs down we try not to send electricians to change light bulbs unless there is a serious H&S issue, ie, no light on a staircase.

To help your cleaners, please put a 'post it note' on the light fitting where a bulb needs changing.
Just write 'bulb out, please change'. Do date your message.


You can also report this bulb out right now directly to the cleaning contractor. Click here

Lights- your property

For complete electrical failure that is not a billing problem
Call National Grid on 0800404090 or visit www.nationalgrid.com

For partial loss of lights or power
Partial loss of power usually means a fuse or trip switch on the electrics has blown‎. This is a good thing as it is a safety feature of your electrical installations.

STEP 1 - FIND YOUR Residual Circuit Breaker (RCD) Fuse-board-explained

Unless the electrical circuits ‎ in the property are very old there should be a RCD (residual circuit breaker) in the property. If you're unlucky and the electrics are old then the electrics might be protected by a fuse with fuse wire instead.

A RCD will contain fuse switches for the various different circuits within the property.
An RCD often looks like a grey oblong box with a plastic lift up flap under which you will see a number of fuses.

The RCD will usually be located at
  • HIGH LEVEL to keep out of children's reach‎
  • often near the main front door but inside your property


Check if is one of the switches OFF
Try turning it back on, does this restore power to the circuit?
If power is not restored or the switch jumps again go to step 3.

The RCD turning this circuit off is a safety measure. The most likely reasons that the RCD would have tripped are:

  1. A light bulb has blown - when you restore power one light probably does not work. Burnt-out-lightbulb If it happens again remove this bulb from the circuit until you buy a new on
  2. A toaster, microwave or heavy load appliance has mal-functioned. If it happens again unplug the faulty appliance until you replace or repair it
  3. There are too many appliances all plugged into and drawing power from a single fitting. (often TV, Video, playstation.....) all in 1 plug‎. This is very dangerous and also a fire hazard.


If you still have problems it is possible that the fuse switch to the relevant circuit on the RCD is faulty. If so you will need to buy a new RCD fuse switch of the correct rating from a specialist electrical supplier. DO CHECK the make and model of your RCD before you set out to the electrical shop as it is essential that the new switch you buy is

  1. The correct rating
  2. Compatible with the RCD you have
It is recommended that you arrange for an electrician to carry out an electrical test to the property as there may be concealed wiring or earth faults.‎


If you don't have a RCD then somewhere near the electricity companies main loading switch that enters your property there will a fuse box or fuse board. A fuse board is an old version of a sealed RCD. It is the start/end of each electrical circuit in you property and each electrical circuit will terminate with a junction box within which you will see a small thin piece of fuse wire



Fuse wire is a conductor and when overloaded due to a problem on a circuit will burn and snap. The thickness of the fuse wire for each circuit depends on the circuit type, ie, lighting circuits have a lower rated fuse wire than socket circuits

Fuse wire can be purchased‎ at any good hardware or DIY store.

Changing fuse wire is fiddly and MUST only be attempted when you have TURNED OFF the entire electricity supply to the property. We recommend that only a qualified electrician attempts this.

I hope this helps you get your issue sorted.

Your nearest recycling point is:

Bulky waste collection


Other charities that can also collect furniture.

If you have household items that are still in good condition don't dump them, the charities below say they can help you find someone in need who would make good use of what you no longer need.

Logo_sue_ryder Sue Rider
visit the website http://www.sueryder.org/
Logo_emmaus Emmaus
visit the website https://www.emmaus.org.uk/
Logo_frn Furniture re-use network
visit the website http://www.frn.org.uk/

Gateway_insurance Report_rough_sleeper

Noise Disturbance

We understand that noise is a common issue which frustrates residents. However, what you may not know is there is quite a lot that you can do to help which can only help speed up resolution. For example, you can:

  • Track the level of noise using a noise app – which is free to download!
  • Use your recording as evidence to present to your local Council.
  • Share the noise recording with your neighbour - it might surprise them and quieten them down.

You can download the noise app via:

Android app on Google Play

If you’re an owner, the lease will usually have a clause in prohibiting excessive noise between certain hours and with evidence from a noise app plus Council and police reports, a breach of lease case may be possible.

Carpets and wood flooring

Compared to no floor covering a carpet helps to improve the sound insulation of a property by about 19-23 decibels. New build properties must perform no worse than 45 decibels for airbourne sound through walls and floors and impact sound 62 decibels through floors. Converted properties must perform no worse than 43 decibels for airbourne sound through walls and floors and 64 decibels through floors. Dense fibre matting say in a washing machine room can increase sound insulation by up to 30 decibels through walls/floors. So suggesting a rug or matting may be enough to stop the noise nuisance.

If the noise is in relation to a crime then you must inform police and/or your Neighbourhood Watch Officer. Call 101 for non-emergency police and 999 if a crime is happening now.

Your Council will have an Environment Team, which you can contact in the event of noise nuisance. If you’re not sure who your local council is, you can find it by going to https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-council

If your Council are not performing then as a Council Tax payer you can ask your Local Ward Councillor to request the Council deliver you the support your Council Tax pays for. Go to https://www.writetothem.com Enter your postcode and log your request.

Ringley's policy on what we can do to help is at www.ringley.co.uk/block-management/anti-social-behaviour-policy-statement

If you report an incident to us, we need evidence to be able to act. We will write to offenders and landlord's of rented properties requesting they take swift action to stop problems escalating. We cannot judge how a problem affects you but will take down details of what you tell us.

Please note that we cannot take further action unless we are provided with at least one of the following:
the police report number you obtained when calling 101
the Council's 24 hour noise report number
evidence of the noise (via the noise app)


Pests and pets licences

Dogs Doglicence Pets - If you live in a flat it is the lease, not Ringley, that decides if you can have a pet. And, if the lease says “yes” then you will need a “pet licence”.

>> click here to check with the Legal Team >>

Pests that service charges don’t cover


To rid these pests you can buy what you need from your local supermarket.


Pests that if you live in a flat that your service charges will cover

Rats - The Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 places an obligation on owners or occupiers to control rats on their property and to inform the local Council of infestations. The control of rats and mice is therefore everyone’s problem not just the Council’s and Local Authorities have enforcement powers to ensure that rodent control is carried out.

Pharaoh Ants are a small (2 mm) yellow or light brown, almost transparent ants notorious for being a major indoor nuisance pest, they are a tropical species but they thrive in buildings anywhere. To exterminate pharaoh ants bait of ground liver mixed with boric acid is placed in foraging places, spray treatments should not be used as this causes the ants to scatter.

Cockroaches - There are two main species of cockroach in Britain, Oriental and German Cockroaches. Cockroaches are distinguished by their very long whip-like antennae, flat oval bodies and rapid, jerky walk . When foraging cockroaches can contaminate food, utensils, and preparation surfaces as they go. Keeping areas thoroughly clean is very important. Control of cockroaches is not easy as it is difficult to get the insecticide to the insect, specialists need to be called in.

Pigeons & seagulls - Bird deterent measures include installing netting to light wells and spikes to ledges they may sit on. Moving most eggs and nests is an offence.

‎Pigeons The easiest way to get rid of pigeons is not to feed them, however if there is a food source nearby and sheltered roosting spaces pigeons can be an unwelcome guest. Subject to funds pigeon spikes can be fitted on ledges and netting to enclosed courtyards but due to the cost of scaffolding/access often such projects need to await the next decorations cycle.

Nuisance Mammals We have to be very careful here as many other animals are protected:
Foxes, hedgehogs and squirrels are protected by Wild Mammals (Protection) Act 1996.
17 species of bats and their roosts are protected by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981

In Britain all wild birds granted legal protection under the EC Birds Directive and the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981

Badgers and deer are protected by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and the Badgers Act 1992 and Deer Act 1991.

With these types of pest “pest proofing” to avoid them entering the building is the best we can do, and/or cut back tree branches that might be used to get up into roof areas. Pest proofing means preventing potential breeding sites by installing wire mesh screens to pest proof air vents, sealing holes to prevent access, filling gaps around floors, walls, roof, doors and window openings, fitting drain covers to prevent pests gaining access.


Owen Mock

Owen Mock is your Manager.
Direct Line: 0203 912 1517
Switchboard: 020 7267 2900


My responsibilities

  • Managing the insurance to ensure adequate cover for Directors & Officers, Plant and Buildings with no policy lapses and identify sites that would be at risk of policies lapsing due to lack of funds, etc.
  • Meeting Clients, owners, contractors etc...
  • Ensuring the obligations set out the in the lease/transfer documents are upheld
  • Liaising with the external Accountant/Auditor
  • Keeping owners up to date with what is happening around the block/site
  • Sign posting and helping owners with their insurance claims
  • Where the lease allows a reserve fund preparing a 10 year plan
  • Monitoring expenditure against agreed/set budgets and commenting on over spending as well as creating savings where possible
  • Preparing the service charge budgets
  • Keeping abreast of and advising Clients on all relevant statutory legislation

In the event that you do not receive answers or the service you deserve in a reasonable timeframe or if your issue involves several departments or skills sets and you think your Property Manager needs a little help please escalate to quality@ringley.co.uk. This email address is on every email footer. Issues escalated will be logged as a "Quality Tracked Issue" by Customer Support Teams and tracked to completion.

Emergency_booklet Gateway_leaks_policy

Awareness of what to do if there is a leak

It was felt that Ringley's protocol and approach to leaks could be shared more frequently with all owners and residents. Whilst the RICS Code of Conduct for Residential Managing Agents makes it quite clear that the Managing Agent's role is that of Agent not 'Block Policeman' MD Mary-Anne Bowring stated that the ethos at Ringley was that Ringley people should offer:
  1. telephone support to help diagnosis (creative questioning to establish if a leak is roof, mains, or appliance leak etc...),
  2. talk residents through how to shut off their water,
  3. put owners in touch with each other and encourage them to be neighbourly and fulfil their responsibilities to mend appliances and pipework within their property as well as to be courteous and update each other on progress and resolution,
  4. where there are staff on site to expect that staff must attend the sufferer and the potential flat causing the leak to carry out simple tests and observations to support diagnosis,
  5. after monitoring the speed that water fills up a bucket (method used to determine if the leak is mains pressure) where phone support cannot help the resident find and shut off the water, the last resort is for the person witnessing the mains pressure leak to call the fire brigade on 999 who will come and turn off the water,
  6. where it becomes clear that a contractor(s) will be required to carry out remedial works Ringley's duty is to facilitate an insurance claim and pass on the insurance policy details and insurers 24 hour helpline number so that the owner can make a claim, use any contractors recommended by the insurers, and in due course confirm to the insurer that the works done within their property are satisfactory thereby triggering the payment of their claim.
Gateway_report_repairs_earn_£5 Gateway_recommend_a_block Gateway_nominate_a_contractor